Does the property you rent have a current Landlords Certificate?

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 specifically deal with the duties of landlords to ensure that gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants’ use are safe. In general, a landlord’s gas safety duties apply to appliances and flues in ‘relevant premises’ – residential properties occupied for residential purposes under either a licence, a tenancy agreement for a set term, or a lease. Essentially any lease of less than seven years is covered.

Remember, safety checks are not only part of a legal requirement, they ensure that appliances are working correctly and guard against the dangers of carbon monoxide. Around 50 deaths in the UK every year and hundreds of serious injuries are caused by carbon monoxide poisoning due to faulty gas appliances and flues.

PB Plumbing and Heating offers a full inspection of all gas appliances and flues for rented properties. On completion of the inspection, a gas safety check record will be issued, which is valid for 12 months.

· A basic landlord’s certificate costs less than a £1.00 per week.

· Special rates for letting agencies and volume work.

NB: Any change of tenancy requires a further safety check to be carried out.

Cooker, American Fridges & Fire Installations

All gas appliances for use in the U.K. must carry a CE mark and manufacturer’s installation instructions must be on hand before the appliance can be installed.

There are many different forms of cookers available, such as single or double oven, single or dual fuel – a gas hob with an electric oven – whichever you choose, it’s important that any installation / disconnection or repair of such appliances is carried out by a Gas Safety Registered Engineer

We don’t sell, supply or repair cookers, though we will carry out installation of new ones, and disconnection / decommissioning of old ones.

We also install American fridges that dispense filtered water and icecubes.