For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions the following words will represent the following meanings:
‘The Company’ shall mean Putney-Plumbers.co.uk
‘The Customer’ shall mean the person or organisation for whom the company agrees to carry out works and/or supply materials
‘The Engineer’ shall mean the representative appointed by the company.
These conditions shall be incorporated into each and every contract made between the company and the buyer.
No variation of waiver of or addition to these conditions, whether written or oral, shall have effect unless authorised in writing by a manager of the company.
The company will carry out only those items specified in the contract.
The purchaser shall permit the company and its representatives to have access to the installation address at a reasonable time in connection with the survey and installation or for the purpose of inspection of any works carried out which may be subject of any dispute between the parties.
Any time or date quoted by the company for delivery of the goods or performance of any service is an estimate only.
The company will do its utmost to ensure that any quoted time and date is met and shall not be liable for any failure to meet such estimate nor for any loss, whether financial or otherwise.
Price and Payment
- All prices are subject to site survey.
- Payment for services supplied due on completion of the service.
- If specialist materials require ordering, a deposit of 45% is required before any order is placed. The remaining balance is payable on completion of the work.
- An interest of 8% will be charged with immediate effect if payment is delayed for whatever reason.
- The customer shall not be entitled to withhold payment of any amount payable to the company by reason of any dispute or claim by the customer.
- Subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
Termination and Suspension
The company shall be entitled, in its absolute discretion and upon giving to the customer written notice of its intention to terminate the contract if the company in good faith shall have doubts as to the solvency of the customer.
The company shall have no liability whatsoever for any failure to perform or for any delay in the performance of any of its obligations under the contract arising wholly or in part by reason or any factor beyond its direct control.
- Calls may be recorded for quality control and training purposes.
- The Company shall not be under any obligation to provide an estimate to the Customer and the Company shall not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
Damages or Claims
The Company shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by the Company & shall not be held responsible for ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested & not undertaken at that time.
These terms & conditions & all contacts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.
The guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in force. This guarantee will become void if the work completed by the company is:
Subject to misuse or negligence
Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than the company engineer. The company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by the customer, and will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
- Our engineers operate under their own registration, and are solely responsible for any work and subsequent liability.
- These Terms and Conditions awarded between the company and the customer shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.